Data privacy is of high importance for Yachtball. We are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our clients.
As part of our normal business operation we collect certain personal information from our clients. This policy sets out the basis on which we process any such personal information that we collect or that you provide to us. Please read this policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information.
- Always keep your data safe and private.
- Never sell your data.
- Allow you to manage and review your marketing choices at any time.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
Information you give us “Submitted Information”. This is information you give us about you by filling in our entry forms, or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence. The information you give us may include your name, address, date of birth, email address, phone number, details of your bank account including the bank account number, bank sort code, IBAN and copies of identification documents.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any transactions you enter into with us
- To verify your identity to protect against fraud, comply with financial crime laws and to confirm your eligibility to use our products and services
- To notify you about changes to our service
We will only market to you under two circumstances:
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you by electronic means with information that we deem relevant to you.
- Where we have obtained your consent. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means. We will only use your personal data in this way if you consent to it by ticking the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Remember: you can review and manage what marketing you receive from us at any time.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
You may contact us through email (email@example.com) to exercise your rights. When exercising your rights, we will always inform you of any lawful reason that may require us to continue processing your data.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data(commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it. Please note that any requests in relation to the restriction of the processing of your data means that we may not be able to perform the service we have or are trying to achieve). In this case, we may have to cancel your use of Yachtball services but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party.We will provide to you, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, which you can then transfer to an applicable third party. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide Yachtball services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- Take a look at some helpful guidance on ICO website which can be found here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/;
· Contact Yachtball via firstname.lastname@example.org